14 Dec We reach final 5 of Local Business Accelerator Competition
We’re delighted to hear that our entry into the Local Business Awards has taken us through to the final 5. We received a write up in the Reading Post on Wednesday and stand a real chance of some free advertising and PR which will mean a lot to us. The most rewarding part was when we were asked what we’d been up to since we entered the awards in September. I was surprised when started telling the reporter what we’d achieved in the last few months, including:
- Working at Pinewood Studios offering craft services for the production companies
- Serving around 1000 coffees, teas, hot chocolates, mulled wines and mice pies to the Pinner locals courtesy of Foxtons Estate Agents
- Supporting the Movember runners at various locations throughout November
- Keeping the shoppers at Stowe House Christmas Fayre going with our coffee
- Warming up the parents of a Fulham School during their Christmas celebration.
- Attending regular farmers markets in Oxford.
We’ve certainly been busy. We’ve already had 8 bookings for 2013 and are now planning the second van due to the limited number of weekends we already have. Exciting times, all we need now is to win the award and receive some mentoring.